One of the biggest and best preserved medieval castles in Czech Republic. It is situated on alone sandstone rock upon intercourse of three swamp valleys above hamlet Podkost near by Sobotka town. The castle was founded in 1371 by Petr from Vartenberk. A striking power of the castle was increased by means of presence of three ponds: Bílý (White), Černý (Black) and Labutí (Swans). The most firm object is main tower called Bílá (White) which has special trapezoid ground plane. The castle is accesible for public now. There are the exposition of property of the Kinský family, a Renaissance black kitchen and the exhibition of historical weapons from the Military museum.